Friday, July 27, 2007

Bored, bored, bored...

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...

Also sprach Pink Floyd...You know it's amazing how you crave time off and when you get it you just fritter it away. I am absolutely bored senseless but it isn't that I haven't got anything to do, I just can't be bothered picking myself up off my big fat behind and doing anything. I have lived on chocolate, biscuits and Pot Noodle all week. I am eating myself into oblivion. And that's before I even start on feeding my internet addiction. I have set up yet another blog - this time for the local Christians to post ecumenical stuff of interest. Actually, I think this one will be reasonably popular. It is called sinnergize - no, it's not a spelling mistake, it's just me trying to be clever!

We did get to see the delightful, delovely 'P' and 'S' the other night at the rambling mansion that is the local vicarage. We only intended to stay for an hour, since 'P' was still poorly but we were greedy and stayed until gone midnight. Well, we had a year's worth of chat to get through and we won't see them for at least another year.

I am currently trying to paint a picture. Of course, I can't paint and this is my first attempt so it is pretty crap but I want to exhibit it in the church art festival, if only to serve as an encouragement to others to have a go ("Blimey, that's rubbish, even I could do better than that!") I may or may not post a photo of it here when it is finished - depends how strong I am feeling.

I keep having dreams about my old job. Last night I dreamt that they took me back on, evenings only! The previous night I dreamt that I was feeling sad 'cos I would be leaving at the end of the week. When I woke up I thought I still had my last week to go. Strange...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you not think though that time off is a time that is meant to be unproductive? I feel the same guilt on my day off - what have I DONE today - but maybe that's the point?

P.S. Thanks for comment on Pilgrim's Progress about the prattling soprano!